2. It is because, where else you can see such an amazing metal stamping art everywhere, doesn’t matter, what is it, a Church
or somebody’s house roof,
or even root cellar.
3. It is because in Ukrainian Carpathians only you can find such a big concentration of the wood work and wood carving art: wooden Church,
wooden ceiling of a house,
wooden stairs of a house,
wooden interior of a restaurant.
4. It is because of amazing beadwork done by local people. Look at this colorful beading of the women’s shirts
or at these beaded belts!
Only two areas in the world do the similar beaded craft: western Ukraine and Southern America.
5. It is because Carpathian Mountains in Ukraine are the Kingdom of Mushrooms! Picking, storing and cooking wild mushrooms in the Carpathian Mountains it is one of the businesses that local people do for living, so you can get a mushroom dish (mushroom soup, mushroom sauce or pickled mushrooms) everywhere in Ukrainian Carpathian: in restaurants, cafes, B&B places. For example, I have never tried such a delicious porcini in my life, like this porcini mushrooms sauce with potato pancakes I got it in the “Hutsulshchyna” restaurant (Yaremche, Ivano-Frankivsk region).
As Carpathian Mountains are the Kingdom of Mushrooms, the porcini mushroom is a King of Mushrooms over there! Locals call porcini as a “white mushroom”: take a look at this beauty!
6. It is because of rapids and waterfalls! What a breathtaking views! This is the Kamianka waterfall
and the Shypit waterfall,
both are located in Ukrainian Carpathians, as well as these rapids.
7. It is because of MOUNTAINS! Gorgeous sightseeing, isn’t?
8. It is because of the music of Ukrainian Carpathians. Ukrainian mountain music is very unique; where else you can meet such a virtuoso musician as, for example, Roman Kumlyk from the Verkhovyna (Ivano-Frankivsk region)?
9. It is because of Hutsul dances! Traditional dances are very important part of the Carpathian Mountains culture and lifestyle. Click on this video from a Hutsul wedding: even young people modern days keep dancing like their ancestors use to dance few centuries ago! Isn’t unique?
10. It is because of Hutsul weddings! Wedding in Ukrainian Carpathians is very rich costumed (take a look at the bride and groom traditional wedding attires);
Carpathian Mountains in Ukraine cover territory of Zakarpattya region and partially Ivano-Frankivsk, Lviv and Chernivtsi region. Total area of the Ukrainian Carpathians is 24 000 square kilometers.
Hutsuls are ethno-cultural groups who for centuries inhabit the Carpathian Mountains, mainly in Ukraine.